Who's Who:

DH (dear hubby); #1D (eldest daughter); #2D (middle child); OS (Only Son - sO sad that DH would not adopt him a brother)

Tuesday, November 16, 2010

HaikuOnDemand

Of all the side effects of a long-term home education lifestyle (my least favorite being the load of dysfunction raked up from the murky bottoms of our souls every day), my favorite was the bathroom graffiti wall.  It's finally painted over, but bless their hearts, the leetle geeyls found dry erase panels to stick onto the wall above the toilet paper, and so lives on the tradition. They currently bear an homage to Augustine in the form of a  Psalm 32/Ps 51 Tee Shirt slogan contest...

And before I erase the paen to rain that was scribed ("someone write a rain poem!" I implored) by D#2, or SLB (sweetlittlebird---she who used to sing warbly yet emerged into a steady voice), on yet another bathroom dry erase board above the counter, I will post it here for old times sake, as the 9 days of rain gave way to the usual warmish, no fun cause it's s'posed to be fall, Santa Ana blah.

RAIN HAIKU

WITH EACH DRoP, THE RAIN
PLAYS ITS SYMPHONY UPON
THE LEAVES AND SIDEWALK.

I hear she has a GCC dorm rep for fastest haiku on the floor.  And a journal filled with more. Let me see!

No comments:

Post a Comment