Who's Who:

DH (dear hubby); #1D (eldest daughter); #2D (middle child); OS (Only Son - sO sad that DH would not adopt him a brother)

Wednesday, February 15, 2012

HOUSE: Day In the Life

Suddenly, everything is a process. Everybody's gloating philosophically about "submitting to the process..." Recovery is a process. Grieving is a process. Sanctification is a process.

"Life is Process."

This week, the plans I made to be gone by March were stymied by children whose determination was greater than mine, and whose patience with my angry spirit had reached its end. I'd accused them for the nth time of being incapable of faithfully paying rent on time as our tenants, hoping a bevy of their rent paying friends would move in here with them, able and willing to convince me that THEY would rally the troops and not ONE rent payment would ever be late.

No such shot fired across my bow. Disgusted with my lack of confidence, they booked.

Moral Inventory:
Absorbed the end of my fantasy and the depth of their decades old dust bunnies while eating 10,000 calories in potato chips, chocolate pie, oatmeal, soup and buttered cornbread.

Happy Valentines Day, where's the seltzer.

MOVINGDAY MOMENTS:

Be it hereby declared, 
I owe no more for broken teacups and saucers.  
Pls sign and date this document.
What kind of world is this where there are no boxes for hoopskirts?
Not the discard pile?



OK, I finally see it. It's not your greatest work. 
Wo. It really did take three days. 
So glad this thing won't startle every time I walk down the hall.
Please tell the Elves and Fairies to leave an ambassador behind for future garden negotiations.


I painted on Diana's blue scarf, my finest work to date. 
!Take care of that priceless article.








At 2AM, found a bedless child asleep on the couch.
SOME headless sibling had taken his mattress.
A 3am survey of the pilfered room followed:





Under the boxspring (how kind of them to leave that),  and my 3AM candle



Confident this one could evacuate in two hours, tops.
But hire a maid service when you do: 
things WILL be found growing under the banana peels, 
coffee cups and Brit Lit tonnage.
 --- . --- . --- . ---

Turning Corner, going left.
WrongWayWrongTurn,
Sense Bereft!
But
Undersand
Freedom's heft
Notwithstanding monies left.

The $300/month difference
Could compel
Your
artist selves
To finally swell;
Desperation may work
well.

Time will tell.

Pray:
Remaining sibling's living hell
won't recoil him
Into shell.

Again.



No comments:

Post a Comment